The new school year is upon us and I know many of us struggle with the morning chaos.
We love our people BIG and as moms, we want everything for them.
We want them to do well in school academically and to feel successful.
We want them to be happy socially and to feel included and confident.
We want to do everything we can to support them in achieving these goals.
We believe that when they feel successful and confident, they will be happy humans.
Unfortunately, sometimes we focus our energy on areas we have no control over and can accidentally become part of the problem rather than contributing to the solution.
Here are my tips for how you can truly support your kids to have a successful and happy school year:
1. Sleep – kids in preschool and elementary need to be asleep by 8:30 PM and to wake up no earlier than 10 hours later. In this day and age with tech and all the artificial stimulation available, kids require sleep training and structure from the get go.
2. Breakfast – It doesn’t need to be a big ordeal on weekdays. A simple smoothie packs a punch. Sometimes I do a whole wheat waffle with peanut butter with a few blueberries or banana on top.
I am by no means a health coach or food expert. My kids love sugar and crap.
I like for them to get the best start possible before school. I want their brains in primo learning mode.
3. Leadership – Showing up as their fearless positive leader and the family team captain, I set the tone for the day.
As their mom, I can do 3 simple things to support their brains and bodies for the best day possible:
1. Bedtime – a well rested brain learns at optimal capacity
2. Breakfast – a well fed brain learns at optimal capacity
3. Leadership language for a stress-free morning – a brain that has feel good hormones rather than stress hormones flowing (yelling, nagging, lecturing cause rising cortisol) learns at optimal capacity
Influencing their day in the ways where you actually have the power and ability will empower your kiddos to handle the curve balls that life will inevitably throw their way (like a mean teacher or being left out on the playground).
Where your focus goes, energy flows and from here your results GROW.
Focus on the 3 things you can do to send your kids out into the world ready to be their best selves!
3. Positive Leadership – words of encouragement and support rather than nagging, yelling or a chaotic morning will be the emotional armor that protects them
What is one small baby step YOU can do TODAY to bring calm to the chaotic weekday mornings in YOUR household?
You’ve got this.
Do you want to ensure the best school year ever?
Do you want to surround yourself with more supportive resources to truly take action and improve your life and family ASAP?
Join me and a likeminded parent community in the course, Close the Parent Gap (CPG) Basics. The fun begins soon. You want to improve your family and your life yesterday. Don’t miss the window to be a part of this. The results are going to be BIG. Sign up here.
Below are some pics of a super quick breakfast this morning in the Rubenstein household:
- Red Velvet smoothies…I eyeball the amounts of these ingredients so don’t ask for exact recipe. It takes maybe 2 minutes to make and I don’t nag them if they only take 2 sips.
To learn more about my 6 week parenting course that will ensure the success you deeply desire for your people, read about it here and reach out to me if you would like to hop on a call to discuss if it’s right for you. email@example.com.