When I read an article about the increasing number of pediatric mental health emergency visits, I knew something was wrong. Little did I know, it was only the tip of the iceberg – beneath the surface, these children were crying out for help in ways that weren’t being properly understood.
In this episode of the Mastermind Parenting podcast, I discuss the rising number of pediatric mental health emergency visits and the importance of coaching in parenting. I was inspired to talk about this after reading an article in the Houston Chronicle. With proper coaching, parents can better understand their child’s behavior and communicate more effectively. A lack of coaching often leads parents down a rabbit hole of diagnostics and expensive tests, when they could be finding solutions through a parenting coach instead.
In this episode, you will be able to:
1. Discover why pediatric mental health emergency visits are on the rise.
2. Understand the significant role coaching plays in successful parenting.
3. Learn techniques to manage strong-willed children without resorting to chemical interventions.
4. Recognize the differences between various coaching styles and training options.
And much more!
As always, thanks for listening, and be sure and head over to Facebook and you can join my free group Mastermind Parenting Community, where we post tips and tools and do pop up Live conversations where I do extra teaching and coaching to support you in helping your strong-willed children so that they can FEEL better and DO better. If you enjoyed this episode and think that others could benefit from listening, please share it!
About Randi Rubenstein
Randi Rubenstein helps parents with a strong-willed kiddo become a happier family and enjoy the simple things again like bike rides and beach vacays.
She’s the founder of Mastermind Parenting, host of the Mastermind Parenting podcast, and author of The Parent Gap. Randi works with parents across the U.S.
At Mastermind Parenting, we believe every human deserves to have a family that gets along.
Randi’s Social Links
Links & Resources
- Join us for Coach Week Live – The Transforming Your Strong-Willed Kid Challenge & Online Parenting Class
- Take the “Is My Child Strong Willed Quiz,” it’s free!
- MiniMasters Self-Study Program for Parents of Strong-Willed Kids
- Book your Free Solution Session live assessment here!
- Join our Free Facebook Group
Thanks so much for listening to the Mastermind Parenting podcast, where we support the strong willed child and the families that love them!
If you enjoyed this episode and think that others could benefit from listening, please share it using the share button in the podcast player above.