Today I welcome Diane Dempster and Elaine Taylor-Klaus, certified coaches and experienced parents of complex children. As co-creators of ImpactParents.com, Diane and Elaine offer guidance, support, and resources to parents worldwide dealing with challenges such as ADHD and anxiety. With a coaching approach to parenting, they aim to empower children to become independent problem solvers while fostering confidence and self-esteem. Their deep understanding of the unique needs of complex children and passion for supporting parents make them trusted guests on the podcast.
When Diane Dempster and Elaine Taylor-Klaus first met, they were both searching for a way to address the challenges faced by parents of complex kids. Diane, a neurotypical mom, and Elaine, who had been diagnosed with learning and attention issues, discovered they both had undergone significant improvements as parents after becoming coaches. Intrigued by the idea of applying a coaching approach to parenting, they decided to team up and develop a method that would empower children to become independent problem solvers. Through trial and error, they realized the importance of guiding parents through a process-oriented approach rather than simply providing solutions. By teaching parents to collaborate with their children, they found that they could foster a sense of agency and inspire kids to overcome obstacles.
In this episode, you will be able to:
- Master the art of raising complex children through focus on personal growth and overcoming obstacles.
- Achieve harmony in families with children facing mental health challenges by balancing dynamics.
- Utilize coaching principles to help children flourish as autonomous problem solvers.
- Cultivate emotional intelligence, self-awareness, and trust-building in parental bonds.
- Embrace self-compassion, self-care, and recognize the importance of support networks for parents.
As always, thanks for listening, and be sure and head over to Facebook and you can join my free group Mastermind Parenting Community, where we post tips and tools and do pop up Live conversations where I do extra teaching and coaching to support you in helping your strong-willed children so that they can FEEL better and DO better. If you enjoyed this episode and think that others could benefit from listening, please share it!
Diane and Elaine’s Web and Social Links
- Website: https://impactparents.com/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ImpactParent/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/impactparents/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/ImpactParents
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ImpactParents
About Randi Rubenstein
Randi Rubenstein helps parents with a strong-willed kiddo become a happier family and enjoy the simple things again like bike rides and beach vacays.
She’s the founder of Mastermind Parenting, host of the Mastermind Parenting podcast, and author of The Parent Gap. Randi works with parents across the U.S.
At Mastermind Parenting, we believe every human deserves to have a family that gets along.
Randi’s Social Links
Links & Resources
- Take the “Is My Child Strong Willed Quiz,” it’s free!
- MiniMasters Self-Study Program for Parents of Strong-Willed Kids
- Book your Free Solution Session live assessment here!
- Join our Free Facebook Group
Thanks so much for listening to the Mastermind Parenting podcast, where we support the strong willed child and the families that love them!
If you enjoyed this episode and think that others could benefit from listening, please share it using the share button in the podcast player above.
Don’t forget to subscribe on iTunes, Google Podcasts, Spotify, or Stitcher.