In this episode with podcast listener and SAHM, Heather, we dive into the secret worry most of us can relate to…”Am I screwing this up – are my kids going to struggle because I don’t know what the hell I’m doing?!?”
- Negative spouses and negative kids
- Fix it mode and control
- Exhaustion after a long day with littles and feeling responsible as a mom for things not going smoothly…and the need to defend our kids as “normal” to their own dad
- Bedtime battles
- When the kids only want Mommy and Daddy gets his feelings hurt
- The bedtime window and the second wind when you miss it
- Sensitive nervous system kids
- Pack Leadership energy
- Why pack leadership/assertive communication doesn’t come naturally for most women
- Backtalk and disrespect
- Why we usually handle these negative behaviors all wrong and make it mean something that it doesn’t
- Leaning into the suckage when you’re disrupting a pattern
- Sleep training
- Role playing the productive convo establishing the new bedtime routine with Heather’s four year old
As always, thanks for listening, and be sure and head over to Facebook and you can join my free group Mastermind Parenting Community, where we post tips and tools and do pop up Live conversations where I do extra teaching and coaching to support you in helping your strong-willed children so that they can FEEL better and DO better. If you enjoyed this episode and think that others could benefit from listening, please share it!
About Randi Rubenstein
Randi Rubenstein helps parents with a strong-willed kiddo become a happier family and enjoy the simple things again like bike rides and beach vacays.
She’s the founder of Mastermind Parenting, host of the Mastermind Parenting podcast, and author of The Parent Gap. Randi works with parents across the U.S.
At Mastermind Parenting, we believe every human deserves to have a family that gets along.
Randi’s Social Links
Links & Resources
Apply for Free Coaching!
Thank you so much for listening and being an amazing mama that listens to parenting podcasts! I absolutely love connecting with other moms during the “Real Coaching with Randi” monthly segment and share their story. If you’d like to get some free coaching on a future episode, head over to https://mastermindparenting.com/freecoaching/ and hit the Apply button.
Get my book!
Hear about my family history and the tools that have helped me replace old parenting patterns that simply don’t work with these puzzling kiddos. It’s my way of paying it forward as a human that wants our kids to experience a kinder and more generous world. Head over here to get your copy >> https://mastermindparenting.com/book
Thanks so much for listening to the Mastermind Parenting podcast, where we support the strong willed child and the families that love them!
If you enjoyed this episode and think that others could benefit from listening, please share it using the share button in the podcast player above.