- How do I get my child to do ____? This is a sure sign of control and always leads to an unproductive lecture
- You’re in The Parent Gap and thinking that if only your child would learn the things you want to teach them then they’d behave better and life would be smooth sailing
- You do you. Why are you so triggered? Why are you attempting to control your child? What are you missing? What’s your child’s perspective? Did you really dig in and begin the conversation by seeing their perspective and putting your agenda aside?
- You did not actively listen. You jumped into problem solving and missed this crucial step.
- Recap: The 3 reasons your convos are unproductive:
- 1. Control and a hidden agenda
- 2. Lecturing instead of active listening
- 3. You’re in The Parent Gap
As always, thanks for listening, and be sure and head over to Facebook and you can join my free group Mastermind Parenting Community, where we post tips and tools and do pop up Live conversations where I do extra teaching and coaching to support you in helping your strong-willed children so that they can FEEL better and DO better. If you enjoyed this episode and think that others could benefit from listening, please share it!
About Randi Rubenstein
Randi Rubenstein helps parents with a strong-willed kiddo become a happier family and enjoy the simple things again like bike rides and beach vacays.
She’s the founder of Mastermind Parenting, host of the Mastermind Parenting podcast, and author of The Parent Gap. Randi works with parents across the U.S.
At Mastermind Parenting, we believe every human deserves to have a family that gets along.
Randi’s Social Links
Links & Resources
Thank you so much for listening and being an amazing mama that listens to parenting podcasts! I absolutely love connecting with other moms during the Real Coaching with Randi monthly segment and share their story. If you would like to get some free coaching on a future episode, head over to https://mastermindparenting.com/freecoaching/ and hit the Apply button.
Get my book!
Hear about my family history and the tools that have helped me replace old parenting patterns that simply don’t work with these puzzling kiddos. It’s my way of paying it forward as a human that wants our kids to experience a kinder and more generous world. Head over here to get your copy https://mastermindparenting.com/book
Thanks so much for listening to the Mastermind Parenting podcast, where we support the strong willed child and the families that love them!
If you enjoyed this episode and think that others could benefit from listening, please share it using the share button in the podcast player above.